Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Alton Browns' cookies


Alton Brown’s Chocolate Chip Cookie

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsalted butter, melted in a pan on the stove
2 cups chocolate chips ( I split the dough and used 1 cup chocolate chips, and in the other dough I used 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees*.

In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the melted and cooled butter, sugars, egg yolks and vanilla until combined.

I added the flour mixture in 1/4 cup at a time to the butter and egg mix. Mix well and then add the chocolate chips.
I then put my dough in the freezer for 30 minutes I used a ice cream scoop and placed the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio