Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wagon Wheel Pasta



I needed something different for my July 4th party. I was sick of the same old pasta salad with Mayo. This was really easy to make and I made it the night before. It has alot of cheese in it which I love! It was a big hit and everyone loved it. Don't mind the picture I put it in tupperware the night before.

Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
(Cara's Craving)
1lb wagon wheel pasta
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 10oz package frozen corn ( I used 2)
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced

8oz shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1 1/2 cups salsa
1/2 cup olive oil

3-4 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp cumin
1-2 tsp chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
freshly ground salt & pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 avocado, diced

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.

In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, and cheese. Add the cooled pasta and mix well.

In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and chili powder. Pour over the pasta salad, add the cilantro, and mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

I cooked mine the night before so I added the avocado the next morning.



1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! I just sent it to my husband and told him to add chicken and make it a meal haha :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio